Tuesday, March 17, 2009

“What did blogger ever do to you?” Kate says.

Well nothing. I used to post at work and it has gotten very difficult to do that. Also I sit in front of a computer for 8 hours of everyday and when I get home the last thing I want to do is get on my computer. So if I post less in exchange for my sanity, I hope you will understand.

On top of that I am still trying to deal with the fact that after years of running around from one hobby to the next, I suddenly find myself without any hobbies at all. I feel very boring and old as of late when I should be a cool twenty something.

I am also trying to exercise more, and get the cooking done before Russ gets home. Although I have gained 3lb’s since I started exercising, so that is definitely not good (and before you tell me it’s just muscle, I’m pretty sure it’s not)

So that’s why the posts have been few and far between as of late.

Anyway…

Very few people are wearing green in my office and it makes me sad. I am wearing a green on green striped sweater and lime green Steve Madden pumps. When I asked one lady why she was not wearing green she responded “I’m not Irish”

I replied “but everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day”

she said “no.”

Well I’m Cuban on both sides and I’m going to wear green and listen to Gaelic Storm all day. I wish the pubs weren’t so crowded today or I would so go for a beer tonight.

Happy St Patrick’s Day!!!!

3 comments:

Tierney M. said...

I hear ya, sista!

Although there were alot of folks wearing green in my office yesterday, I brought in shamrock stickers and forced everyone not wearing green to put one on. No need to make fun of me…yes, I know I sound like a kindergarten teacher amongst a bunch of serious and hard-working professionals. Whatever!

Kathy said...

good for you!

i called my mom and she said that she had made herself a green beer. i'm sad to say i did not have time to go over and share one with her.

Kate said...

She made herself a green beer? That's so hilarious. I love your mom.