Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RIP Dana

Last night I got a message from my old boss at Curves. One of my old co-workers had died. She was 25 years old.

Her Name was Dana, and she was loved. She had Addison’s Disease which made her sick quite often and caused a simple stomach flu to take her life.

You can see her obituary HERE

I went to the service and met up with my old boss, manager, and two curves customers who loved her. The service was short. We cried. We told her mother how great she was and then I went back to work.

But I keep thinking about something I heard, that the current owner of the Herndon/ Reston Curves locations refused to give her health insurance and finally fired her for no good reason. Her mother told us she missed working at Curves a lot.

When I worked at Curves it was a family, a gathering of women who loved each other and this new owner has turned it into nothing more than a business. This makes me sad and angry. Had Dana had insurance she may have checked herself into the hospital sooner.

“The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible. But there arriving she is sure of bliss, and forever dwells in paradise.” - Plato

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.