Thursday, July 31, 2008

Start spreading the news, she left today.


It’s been a bit of a sad day. Kate left Virginia for NYC today and I’m very happy and excited for her, I’m also jealous. She is doing what I had always planned to do, but never will, move far away and live somewhere awesome (but just for awhile).

I made it through dinner last night and did not cry until the drive home when I was listening to the “Kate’s Moving to NYC Mix”. I’m bit teary now as I listen to it again. It’s a really good mix.

I know I still have some girls here but with Kate in NY, Erika in Newport News, and Lauren in Winchester I feel lonely. It really helped that Kate came home so often. So when school starts and Mo and Claudia go back to school, I’m going to be almost girl-less.

I love my boys don’t get me wrong, but sometimes (or quite often) I just need my girls. I wish girl’s weekend had been longer.

Kate I wish you all the best in NYC. I promise I will come visit. I just miss you already!

No comments: