Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hello? is this thing on?

Well with much thanks to those fabulous little blue pills (not THOSE kind!) my stomach ache is finally gone.

We have once again begun the search for a home. Tonight we will be going to see 3 and if we have any time on Thursday we may see one more. We are making an offer on a short sale but it already has a good offer on it so I’m not getting my hopes up, but it’s gorgeous!.

The bridal shower was splendid. I looked like I was moving to Winchester with the amount of stuff I took with me. I picked a color theme of bright blue and bright green. I went to party city and found plates, cups, napkins, utensils and wine cups all in the party colors. I even found some clear “bowls” in the party colors and they were priced at 7.99 and 9.99, they lady at the register rang all 4 up at .99 so that was awesome!

And on top of that when I went to go get the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer for Lauren I ended up buying the $359.99 mixer for only 249.99 thanks to a mix up at Kohl’s! YAY!

I also bought the giant cupcake cake pan and I made two cakes. I frosted them with white frosting and then added blue and green dots and circles; they kinda looked like mushrooms which was very appropriate. I was very worried that the center of the cakes would not be completely cooked because they were so dense, but the cake was wonderful and everyone loved it. I also made cheese fondue, margaritas, chicken nuggets and pizza bagels, all of Laurens favorites. Her mom bought salad, cheese and deli meat platters and made some awesome soba noodles. My mom and I made friends with an older lesbian couple at the party; they were a lot of fun and so easy to talk with!

I’d say it was a good time had by all.

p.s. i'll post pics when i get them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes pictures!! I want to see those cupcakes.

I'm glad it all turned out fabulously. The food sounds absolutely to die for. And of course, hooray for the mixer!