Tuesday, August 19, 2008

“Shopping woes and other stories”

Since Thursday of last week I have begun and not finished two posts.

One titled “Obama ruined my day” and the other titled “What a bad weekend”

I’m not going to go back and write these posts, instead I will continue forward with my new post.

“Shopping woes and other stories”

Yesterday for the third day in a row I went to the mall. I purchased a dress I thought would work for the wedding and brought it home. Now I’m not stupid, I tried it on twice in the store, but because of the cut of the dress and the fact that I was alone I could never get the dress to zip by myself. When I got home I tried the dress on again and this time with some help got it zipped. It zips, but is a bit too tight in the bust. So tonight for the 4th day in a row I will be returning to the mall to return the dress I bought yesterday and continue the search. This will also be the third mall in 4 days. I love shopping but damn am I tired of this.

TIP: when trying on hundreds of dresses wear one shirt that is easily removed and replaced. NEVER LAYER!

I wore two layered shirts when I went shopping on Sunday and getting them back on quickly was always a problem.

On the up side I have also made it to the gym 3 out of the last 4 days and I plan to continue. I think it’s mostly due to me needing to work off some pent up anger with all things silk, chiffon, or knee length with a side zipper. I have also been eating pretty well. Lots of raw fruits and veggies and I have been trying very hard not to consume too many carbs. this manifested itself last night when Russ made some great looking pasta and I ate all of 4 noodles! I spent the rest of the night dreaming of a heaping bowl of pasta with lots of parm!

Friday is the Great Big Sea concert at Wolf Trap. I’m going to pack a picnic but have no idea what to bring yet. Wine of corse, I’m thinking pasta salad too, but what else?

And my last bit of new today is…..SAT is the first day of the new FAIRE season!

For those of you who don’t know I work at the Maryland Renaissance Festival at Wolfstone Kilt Co. I was not planning on working there this year due to my real job, BUT now I will be there at least 5 Saturdays! And it’s looking like Sat will not be 105 degrees like last year, instead they are calling for a high of 88! That I can handle.

No comments: