Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Hour

3195 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22201
703.465.9360 phone
703.465.9363 fax




Last night we went out for happy hour at the Liberty Tavern in Clarendon.


Everyone had beer except for me. I decided to have the Altos Las Hormigas Malbec. Malbec is a red wine from Argentina that I really love. This particular bottle was $34 a bottle at Liberty Tavern. I found it on-line for $10.99.

During my second glass of Malbec I ordered the cheese platter. I asked for 3 cheeses, my only requirement was that one was a blue. The other two were surprises. Unfortunately I have no idea what they were. I asked but it was too loud to understand. All the cheeses were good. The blue one was fantastic in that it tasted like a mix between a smoked Gouda and a blue. YUM!






2 comments:

Kate said...

mmm, cheese platter.

my favorite happy hour that I've found so far offers half price sushi rolls along with their drink specials. you have to sit at the bar - there are like 4 seats - but its so tasty.

Kathy said...

oh that sounds great! we so have to go there when i visit!