Friday, October 3, 2008

So I’m no Derek Jeter but…

I did a lot better than I thought!

Last night I did something I thought I would never do. I played softball.

A group of my friends play on an adult softball league and their team is the Orange Crush. Last night due to one injury and a concert, 3 of the girls could not play. This is a co-ed league and there must be 4 girls and 6 guys on the field at all times. So I volunteered.


Now if you know me you know that I DON”T DO TEAM SPORTS! I have done every sport imaginable that I could do by myself (gymnastics, ice skating, horseback riding, fencing, tae kwon do, yoga) but never have I played team sports unless forced to during HS gym class.

So I rotated between playing right field and catcher I did not do as bad as I though I would and although I struck out my first time at bat, my next two times I got hits, I just never made it to the base on time.

All in all it was a good time and I was glad that I could help out the team but I think I will do better sitting on the side lines.

No comments: