Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 a Crappy year in review

Of course there is a lot of stuff missing, good and bad. But these are the bad highlights. I am hoping that 2010 will be MUCH better.

  • I have cancelled my New Years Eve party due to underwhelming RSVP’s
  • My Christmas party was cancelled due to snow (although fun the impromptu dinner did not make up for it)
  • Thanksgiving was ruined by my painful wrist
  • My close friends had a baby who was born with severe problems like congenital myotonic muscular dystrophy, clubbed feet, and cysts on his brain which caused him to have a stroke in utero.
  • a long time family friend died after a VERY long battle with Cancer
  • My grandmother Niva was admitted to the hospital, was transferred to hospice, and died from dementia
  • My other grandmother had stints put in her heart
  • My grandfather had a quadruple bypass
  • My step-grandfather was sent back to Chile, and then came back because his son stole his money.
  • My best friends grandmother died
  • I got in a car accident, and now my heater does not work and it’s freezing out.
  • My cousin’s son was forced to visit the dad he hates in a place he hates, several times this year, because the law sucks.
  • My January NYC trip was cancelled due to the fact that I had the plague and could not stop throwing up.

3 comments:

Kate said...

And yet you STILL had a better year than Michael Jackson and Tiger Woods combined. All things considered, that's pretty darn good.

Kathy said...

i try not to compare myself with crazies.

Mo said...

"I love you so much, I love you so much, I can't even tell you how much i love you!" (a little tune my mommy sings to me.) May 2010 be better for all of us than 2009