Saturday, December 5, 2009

saturday snow

Today it snowed in Northern Virginia. I woke up and the trees were beautiful and the day was still and magical.


We had no food in the house and plans to go to Costco. My parents picked us up and we went to Dunkin Donuts in 4 inches of snow and slush. We got coffee and donuts and went to the high school around the corner to wait for my brother to get out of the SAT’s. There was no snow on the ground when he left for the exam at 7am and we were worried he would not know how to drive home in the snow. So we sat in the car and ate donuts and talked for over 2 hours. My dad would periodically get out of the car and clean my brothers car and help all the other kids leaving clean there cars too (he’s kind of awesome that way).


We finally made it to Costco which had the shortest lines ever which was nice. I spent more money there than I should have and we went home.


I only got one load of laundry done today and my plan was to do about 4. I sat in front of the TV and caught up with all the shows I missed while in Chicago. I also bought UP and Star Trek so there will be some movie watching in the near future although Russ has this weird thing where he does not like to watch movies he has already seen, so I wonder why I bother buying movies when he won’t watch them with me.


Anyway that is all I have for today. I go to get my arm looked at on Monday morning so hopefully it will be good news. I can function much better now but I still can’t lift or pull anything and forget opening jars, it hurts.

No comments: