Saturday, December 19, 2009

it's my party, and i'll cry if i want to!


Every year for the past 6 years i have thrown a Christmas dinner for my friends from high school.

The 7th annual dinner was scheduled for tonight and now it looks looks like this outside...

We have had over 12 inches of snow fall since 9pm last night with no end in sight. actually you can hardly see this bush anymore and this picture was only taken a few hours ago.

I took yesterday off from work just to get ready. I bought beer, wine, liquor, food, and i decorated 3 tables for everyone to sit at. they look like this...


i was so excited.

since everything has been called off now i'm doing what i always do when i feel like crap, eating cheese. Brie and fig preserves to be exact.

Russ is cooking. he is making pasta with chicken and vegetables in port wine.

I still have a 21lb turkey sitting in my fridge that needs to be cooked soon before it goes bad. i think thats the plan for tomorrow, but my friend with all the stuff to make the turkey is stranded about a mile away. i might have to trek to her house tomorrow to get all the stuff.

stay tuned...


1 comment:

Amber said...

Agh...that sucks the party was cancelled..my friends were supposed to have a Christmas party and it was cancelled too...where would we have parked with all the snow!? :-)