Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm not taking them off unless i want to!

i saw this picture on http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/ today.

I personally think that it is rude for people to force guests to take off their shoes when you invite them to your house.

what if they have smelly feet, holes in their socks, or ugly feet and feel self conscious about them? you don't want to make your guests feel uncomfortable. if they want to take them off thats one thing, but don't give them an ultimatum.

As far as i can tell the person who made this sign is an Asshat.

that is all.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh boy. Well that person is really rude, and I would never go back either way.

You've inspired me to blog about this same topic. Stay tuned.

Lauren said...

Here's my take - if you have dog crap and/or mud on your shoes, or if they are wet... Take them off. I would never tromp through someone's house with dirty shoes. Other than that, the homeowner shouldn't be so damn OCD.


Also kudos to you for using asshat!

Kathy said...

i totally understand in a case of mud or snow, but otherwise i think it's rude to insist.

i think asshat is a great word.

Tierney M. said...

Funny you should bring this up. I recently went to a party at a friend's house and she made everyone take their shoes off before entering. It wasn't raining or muddy and she has hardwood floors to boot (easy clean up). I was pissed - my whole outfit was based on my cute shoes - plus, without my heels on, my pants were 3 inches too long! I looked ridiculous!

Kathy said...

oh sad. with hardwoods there is no excuse when a quick swiffering fixes all. i too have the long pants issue.

Matthew Celestine said...

Thanks for mentioning this subject.

That sign is rather rude, but I do think it is okay to politely ask for shoes-off in one's home.

In fact, I have an whole blog on this subject: Shoes Off at the Door, Please You might like to take a look.